The 5-Step System to Gain More Blog Traffic
You are blogging your heart out, putting out your best work, have an editorial calendar, and you are on the roll. Yoast SEO gave you two green lights, so you hit “publish” and then you wait… and wait… check your analytics… and wait some more. Nothing! You feel like all of your hard work and passion is going to waste, because you are getting minimal views on your posts. You hear crickets. Your mom commented on your post, but it’s your mom. That’s what she’s supposed to do, right? But, what can you do to get your blog in front of more eyes and gain more blog traffic?
For a lot of popular bloggers, they have found the key to gaining more blog traffic. For them, it begins with Pinterest. There are Pinterest courses EVERYWHERE! As I mentioned in a previous post, ‘How to Master Pinterest for Beginners‘, the most important thing to do is pin.
A LOT. Start off pinning about 50-70 times per day.
The rule of thumb is to pin 20 percent of your content, and 80 percent of others. Do this on a daily basis. Another major key that is often overlooked is to pin multiple pins pointing back to the same article. Create multiple pins, with different looks, and different headlines, that link back to the same blog post. Promote the pins every 1-2 months.
Posting Quality Content – Frequently
Being Active On Social Media
69.3 percent of my web traffic in January came from social media. The other 30.7 percent was split between organic search (search engines), email, and referral traffic (backlinks).
This is why being active, and strong, on different social media platforms is so incredibly important.
Here is a breakdown of some ways you could possibly gain more blog traffic through each social platform.
Twitter: The average amount of times you should be tweeting per day is 11. Out of that 11, 2-3 of those tweets should be links promoting your blog. For the first month ever, Twitter was my highest source of traffic on social media. I responded to a viral tweet with one of my blog posts that related to it, and it got a lot of attention. In the future, I will continue plugging in my relevant blog posts under viral or popular tweets.
Facebook: Join Facebook groups that focus on your niche, and not full of other bloggers. While blogging groups will help with some traffic, if you do not “blog about blogging” then your content may not get you the boost in traffic you want to see, and it could also hurt your bounce rate. If you are a motivational blogger, however, look for groups that focus on motivation. Or if you are a fitness blogger, find groups that talk about fitness.
What do the group rules look like?
I once mentioned in a blog post that when I write about mom life, I promote those posts in a popular Boy Mom Facebook group, and I get good traffic.
Your email list is important because you gain more blog traffic! Use it!
Offer valuable advice that aligns with your niche and target audience. Leave your audience with wanting more from you and give them a reason to click over to your blog post.
With an email list, you are not limiting yourself just to gaining traffic from social media.
Building a community
Are algorithm blues getting you down?
Instead of running from the changes, we need to be embracing them. The two most important algorithm changes that we have seen effect us are on Instagram and Facebook. Because of the algorithm changes on Facebook and Instagram, building a community is more important now than ever.
Instagram introduced the ability to follow hashtags. Create your own custom hashtag, and encourage your followers to follow it.
Also, with the algorithm hurting those of us who have Facebook fan pages, we have yet to see that change hurt Facebook groups. Create a Facebook group of your own, and encourage your audience to join. The group can offer conversation, tips, and tricks for your audience. Your reach will be a lot higher in a Facebook group that you run as opposed to a Facebook fan page. That’s why I created Business Bloggers + Girl Bosses!
Tell me below in the comments what you have done to boost your blog views! All of these methods in place worked for me beyond simple SEO & sporadically promoting on social media.
Also, download the quick tip sheet to keep handy!Download the Quick Tip sheet!