Mommy and Me Fall Outfit – Beige & Gray
With Summer quickly wrapping up, and Fall hanging out just around the corner, now is just a good of a time as any to begin shopping for Fall. One thing that I have encountered as a boy mom is that it is difficult to find Mommy & Son outfits. I get jealous sometimes for having a boy that has the same face as his father. I LOVE when people tell me that Jaxon looks like me, even though I know he doesn’t. Since we don’t have the same face, I try to coordinate our outfits so we can look alike. In this post, I will be sharing one of my favorite mommy and me Fall outfits that Jaxon I have rocked
Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. Living in South Mississippi, It gets HOT. We don’t get to experience the bitterly cold weather like the rest of the country does, but we definitely have to suffer through hot summers. For us, we don’t get a chance to break out the heavy coats until January/February. We will get a few cold snaps before then, but it never lasts more than a few days. Fall and Spring are just right. We have those days where layering is necessary.
Because of our bipolar weather, I get to shop around for layering pieces that come in mine and Jaxon’s size.
Where I Shop
I get asked a lot about where I shop for Jaxon. It’s not hard to notice that when you shop for children, girls have a bigger selection than boys. Their clothes are just WAY cuter! It makes me want a little girl! But, I still have fun searching for the right pieces for Jaxon. I shop at H&M, Target, TJ Maxx, & Old Navy. Although all of his clothes do not come from those 4 stores, most of them do. As I begin to build our mommy and me fall outfit wardrobe, those will be my go-to stores.
Opt for easy outfits that include layers. T-shirts & Jeans are the easiest to find coordinating pieces. Staple pieces for the fall are going to include jean jackets, cardigans, & bomber jackets
Beige & Gray Outfit
The first outfit in our mommy and me fall outfit series is a Beige & Gray combo that we donned this past Spring.
I went with this color combo because since I am matching with my son, I want to choose colors that fit not only me but him as well. Therefore, I tend to shy away from bright colors. The other reason is that my fashion aesthetic includes neutral colors (black, gray, white, tan/beige, blush, olive green). So our outfit choices are definitely gender neutral.
My Look: I am wearing a beige bomber jacket & beige tee from Forever21, with a pair of Nike Air Max, and gray moto jeans that I purchased back in 2015.
Jaxon’s Look: Jaxon is wearing gray jeans from H&M, a blush/gold pair of Adidas Swift Run, and a beige tee from Walmart. During that time, there was also a beige bomber jacket in his size at H&M that I didn’t get a chance to order. I can’t find it now! (Wahhh!)
You can shop our look below!
Tips for Mommy & Son Matching
Moms, if you are having a difficult time figuring out how to match with your son, take a look at these quick tips.
- Opt for easy outfits that include layers. T-shirts & Jeans are the easiest to find coordinating pieces.
- Staple pieces for the fall are going to include jean jackets, cardigans, & bomber jackets. Sidenote: If you find a toddler bomber jacket in your son’s size, don’t hesitate to buy it! They’re rare finds and they sell out QUICK!
- You can almost always find the exact same pair of shoes. Pick a playful color scheme & dress it down or down with a t-shirt, jeans, and hat.
- Stores like Target & Old Navy usually have a family collection of t-shirts.
- Since boys clothes are more limited than girls/women, find your son’s outfit first. If you do it this way, it will be easier to find matching pieces in your size.
- Spice up your outfit by wearing a pair of heels.
- If you are looking for a piece of clothing in a specific color, use the Google Shopping search tool.